Dünya Doktorları Derneği – Doctors of the World
(Infant and Young Child Feeding)
Terms of Reference (TOR)
Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services, in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
– The trainees will have a good knowledge about the essentials of IYCF:
- Essentials of Malnutrition
- Role of IYCF in Child Survival, Growth, and Development
- Essentials of Breastfeeding
- Essentials of Complementary Feeding
- Essentials of Nutrition for Women.
– After completing the training, trainees should have:
- Awareness of up-to-date knowledge about IYCF and nutrition for women.
- Ability to interpret data and describe population-based problems related to IYCF.
c. Final Deliverables:
- Once Training IYCF completed, a report must be submitted, including an Overview, Comparison between Pre and Post Test, Test Result Analysis, Training Course Evaluation and Trainers Evaluation.
- Location: This assignment is for training based in Afrin /Syria.
- Preliminary and final tests shall be conducted for each training in a professional and fair manner and the results shall be submitted to the training department.
- The certificates signed, stamped, including DDD logo and well-designed for the trainees shall be issued and presented at the end of the training and delivered to the trainees.
- The scientific material for trainees in Arabic should be delivered by the supplier before the start of training.
Requirements for Experience and Qualifications
- A post-graduate or equivalent qualification/ At least 3 years of prior work experience in the field of training
- The scientific qualifications of trainers should be in the field of Medicine, and they obtained TOT certificates (preferably IYCF) from a reputable institution.
- Training is based on expected field guideline criteria and any change that is categorically rejected.
- The training consists of one group.
- The number of trainees is 15 and total training days is 3.
|Training Topic||Target Audience||No of days||No of Trainees||Comment|
|IYCF||Paediatricians (3) – nurses (3) – CHWs (9)||3||15|
Specifications and conditions to be met:
- Provide all training stationery and training assistant materials
- Food, one lunch meal should be provided daily for trainees within agreed times.
- Provide refreshments at the times of training breaks.
- Provide a well-equipped training hall.
- No need for accommodation for trainees
Technical COVID19 measures inside training hall:
- Taking into consideration all the preventive measures, including wearing personal protective equipment for all trainers and assistants, and supervising the compliance of the trainees with these procedures.
- Division of groups according to the recommendations of the World Health Organization to adhere to the social distance so that the maximum number is 25 people per session within a large hall with an area of / 100 square meters /-
- Excluding any trainer or trainee who has symptoms of influenza until he/she proves negative of COVID-19.
– Based on the lowest possible price, the technically acceptable source selection process awards acceptance to the bidder who offers the lowest price that meets or exceeds the technical acceptance criteria, while respecting the delivery schedules.
Technical capacity is evaluated through the quality of the elements or services proposed that meet the minimum technical specifications set forth in this RFQ.
The RFQ includes, as an example, the cost, pricing, terms and conditions, service, levels, and all other information.
The offer must be valid for 90 days from the date of RFQ receipt
According to the required RFQ, and by calculating the cost of the training day as a total value, as shown in the RFQ. (15 trainees) and all the above mentioned, especially:
(Lunch meals – refreshments – as mentioned above – scientific printed material – preparation of pre-training and issuing certificates – stationery – and the above mentioned under technical and general conditions).
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested parties are requested to send the following:
- Training Agenda (with time outline table)
- TOT certificate.
- Trainers’ Certificate(s).
- Financial proposal.
- Resume of trainer(s)
to email@example.com, submission deadline is 18-12-2022 6 PM Turkey time.