Malteser International, the worldwide relief agency of the Order of Malta for humanitarian aid, works in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia and the Americas for people in need, regardless of their religion, origin or political affiliation. Its mission is to provide emergency relief as well as to implement rehabilitation measures and to facilitate the link between emergency relief and sustainable development. Christian values and the humanitarian principles of impartiality and independence form the basis of its work in the following areas: Relief, Reconstruction & Rehabilitation; Health and Nutrition; Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH); Livelihood and Social Programs as well as Disaster Risk Reduction.
Malteser International responds to the humanitarian crisis created by the conflict inside Syria since 2012. Programs are implemented in Iraq, Lebanon, Syria and Turkey.
In support of our work in Syria/Turkey, Malteser International is looking for a Consultant (m/f/d) to perform a mid-term evaluation of the German Federal Foreign Ministry funded project
Increase access to humanitarian life-saving health services for conflict affected internally dis-placed and host population in NW Syria, Turkey-Syria border region (Idleb region), (P 2573)
Malteser International (MI) is looking to commission a consultancy to review the implementation and achivements of above mentioned project and to transform collected information into recommendations for improved programming, implementation and learning.
To this purpose MI is interested in working with a national and/or international (team of) expert(s) as consultant.
- Brief inception report including a clear methodology and work plan
- Debriefing note (two pages)
- Mid-Term Evaluation Final Report
All deliverables to be submitted in English language.
- Place of consultancy: Gaziantep, Turkey and the region; on-site evaluation inside Syria would be an added value
- Fee according to qualification and experience
- Timeframe: The consultancy is expected to take place as soon as possible, preferably in the month of May or June 2021. The estimated timeframe is 12 days
- Malteser International will take care of and cover all local travel arrangements in Gaziantep, Turkey and the region
- Malteser International will assist with the organisation of interviews with stakeholders, as recommended and aligned with the consultant
- Malteser International will make sure that translation Arabic/Turkish into English is available with all meetings at project location when necessary
- The consultant will be responsible for arrangements of international travel and insurance coverage and all necessary equipment (e.g. computer) as well as communication costs
- Proven evaluation experience required, preferably in a related field (Health)
- Postgraduate university degree or equivalent in the wider field of Health would be an added value
- A minimum of five years experience with humanitarian and/or developmental projects
- Experience in the context of the Middle East, preferably with the Syrian crisis
- Excellent written and spoken English; knowledge of Arabic and/or Turkish would be an asset
For more information, please see the ToR attached.
Interested consultants should submit a statement of interest including the following:
- Technical offer including description of methodology and work plan
- Financial offer including costs for travel, accommodation, per diem etc.
- Information on previous experience, including CV and two examples of comparable pieces of work (or recent consultancy if no comparable work is available)
- Information on availability for the assignment
Expression of Interst:
Offers shall be presented per email to Malteser International.
Contact person: Katharina Schaufler, Katharina.Schaufler@malteser-international.org until May 15th , 2021.