RET International in Turkey is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of Human Resource Officer. She/he will be responsible to oversee and coordinate the Human resource function for RET Programmes in Turkey under RET International National Coordinator’s Supervision. She/he will play a crucial role in providing human resource planning and management.
- Functional Title: Human Resource Officer
- Status: Full time 1 year Contract
- Organizational Relationship:
Reporting to: National Coordinator
Working closely with: Finance and Administration Officer
Coordinating: HR Assistants in Gaziantep and field offices.
- 4. Location: Gaziantep, with frequent travel to the field offices.
- Duties and Responsibilities
The HRO will advise on and implement RET International Human Resource policies and procedures relating to the effective use of personnel to achieve the organisational objectives.
The aim will be to ensure that RET International employs the right balance of staff in terms of skills and experience, and that training and development opportunities are available to staff to enhance their performance and achievements.
Responsibilities and tasks
Human Resource Management
- Responsible for the implementation of RET International’s Human resource and administration policies and procedures and ensure they are effective, efficient, fair and transparent and that they promote equal opportunities;
- Assess staffing needs as required for the proper implementation of RET International’s programmes;
- Identify and recruit new and replacement staff including scheduling of contract extensions, new contracts, and necessary terminations. This responsibility includes developing job descriptions and specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates;
- Establish and maintain personnel files and database, assess training and development needs of national staff in Turkey as well as provide appropriate induction and orientation, training, supervision and support as required for new staff. This includes preparation and distribution of staff hand book;
- Monitor and uphold staff conduct and discipline and organise regular performance evaluations of all staff as per the requirements of the HR manual;
- Deal with staff grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures where necessary;
- Staff leave and absence Management (annual, R & R, Sick, Compassionate and/or other leave as may be applicable);
- Advice on pay and remuneration issues including salary reviews, promotions and benefits;
- Ensure that exit interviews/ debriefs are prepared at the end of staff service;
- Develop together with other departmental managers HR planning strategies which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements to ensure efficient and effective implementation of RET International programmes; and
- Any other HR function as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Work closely with the Finance and Administration Officer and Programme Coordinators to ensure operational plans and budgets including plan for human resources – staff management, training, support, security and well-being are well thought out and managed; and
- Work closely with various departments in the Turkish Government to ensure that RET International adheres to all Labour legislations.
- Interpret and advice on labour laws, labour relations, unions and all such other matters as may be applicable to RET International’s staff administration.
- People Skills: Ability to work independently and in a team, demonstrate leadership and be able to support and train local staff.
- Communication Skills: Well developed written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders as a representative of RET international on employment matters. These skills include effective negotiation and representation.
- Integrity: Work with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to RET International core values and humanitarian principles.
- Resilience/Adaptability and flexibility: Works and lives with a flexible, adaptable and resilient manner in line with the humanitarian nature of RET International’s core activities in Turkey.
- Awareness and sensitivity of self and others: Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity. Have experience and the ability to live and work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally acceptable manner.
- Knowledge and skills: knowledge of Sphere and the Red Cross/ NGO Code of Conduct. Requires general finance, administration and information management and telecommunication skills.
- Confidentiality: Appreciation and understanding of confidentiality and use of discretion when dealing with employment/staff matters.
- A degree in human resources management, Law or other similar field. Those with a degree in other field but demonstrated experience of at least 5 years in Human Resource management may be considered.
- Comprehensive experience in drafting and amending employment legal contracts/other documents will be a plus. Experience and skills in recruitment and selection desirable.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skill. Strong command of Turkish and English languages.
- A sound knowledge of Turkish employment laws and International human resources best practices
- Excellent word processing and IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages and comprehensive capabilities in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Experience with working with Databases desirable.
- Flexibility to manage different tasks effectively and willingness to put in extra hours when required.
The position requires to be filled immediately; the successful candidate will be employed on a 1 year renewable contract with a probation period of 2 months.
Applications including CV, cover letter and 3 references are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 1st 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
RET International is an equal opportunity employer.